- Dublin, Ireland
Risk Engineering works to protect Square and our customers from fraud and payment disputes. We keep our customers safe while €20B+ flows through Square annually, and we allow the entire company to take risks and grow. To do this, we build systems to detect and respond to potential fraud threats, provide outstanding tools to agents for investigating fraud events, and give our customers seamless web and mobile experiences to manage and fight payment disputes. Our mission is to protect Square, protect our customers, and make a complicated and sometimes painful process understandable to all.
This is an exciting time for Square as we have recently launched within the Irish market as part of our plans to continue growing our merchant network globally. We're now looking for multiple full-stack and backend engineers to join our new Risk team in Dublin, Ireland. You 'd be among the first engineers joining us in Dublin, establishing a team that is committed to keeping our customers safe from fraud and mitigating the impact of financial loss. You'd work with other engineering teams, and our Risk Operations and Policy team here in Dublin, and you'd work on a global scale to strategize on and provide the product roadmap. As part of this growth we need to ensure that our protection scales to meet this new demand.
- Be one of the original members of a new Risk team responsible for the delivery and success of essential fraud and disputes products and prevention. You'll help to establish the new team's operating rhythm!
- Work with teams across Square to develop new features and improve existing processes.
- Build systems that manage customers' sensitive data and hold Square to the highest standards for security and compliance
- Design fault-tolerant systems so the team can be brave, move fast, and break things, without ever showing a negative impact to customers
- Build great user experiences in all web applications
- Interest in working full-stack across multiple technical domains, including backend microservices and -facing tools
- Passion for managing a project from end to end - working with product managers to determine requirements, writing the design doc, building the code and writing unit tests.
- Data-oriented mindset: you want your work to be measurable and impactful
- Customer empathy: you understand your customers' requirements
- Interest in working in a modern development environment using the latest DevOps technologies
- Software development skills and computer science fundamentals
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.