Product Manager, Money Movement ( Square Payroll)
- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: New York, United States
The Square Payroll team mission is to build the next generation of payroll solutions that empower sellers and their teams to thrive together. Now more than ever, as the economy reopens and employers seek to rehire, they need to search for ways that they can support and provide value for their staff as well as for their business. By moving money faster, more frequently and more reliably than any other payroll provider, we can help employers and employees have more control over their cash flow.
We are looking for an experienced product manager who is as excited as we are about growing the impact of our faster payroll and on-demand pay offerings. As a Product Manager for Square Payroll, you will focus on identifying and solving the needs of small business owners and their hourly workers, some of the most underserved and overlooked participants of our economy.
In this role, you will lead our end-to-end initiatives around money movement, from the user experience to the data and platform layers. You will collaborate closely with designers, engineers, analysts, marketing and other cross-functional teams to move quickly towards delivering and scaling a remarkable product for small business owners and their hourly employees. You will help us identify and deliver the initiatives, features and products that can have the largest impact for our existing and potential customers.
- Conduct extensive research to understand customer needs and current market solutions
- Use that research to craft a compelling product vision and strategy
- Plan, prioritize, and deliver projects against that vision and strategy
- Thoughtfully define and communicate project goals, requirements, and constraints
- Work with engineers and designers to continuously improve the service and product
- Collaborate cross-functionally with almost every other function in Square: Engineering, Design, Data Science, Operations, Marketing, Finance, Legal, Compliance, and Risk
- Experience: 5+ years of product management responsibilities
- A collaborative approach: Track record of delivering results with cross-functional teams
- Entrepreneurial spirit: You're a self-starter and get things across the finish line
- Efficiency: Excellent organization and prioritization skills
- Analytical skills: You have a data-driven learning style
- Hustle: You thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Excitement: You’re passionate about Square’s mission and new technology
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD54566975, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD54566975 is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.