Cloud Application Engineer
- Remote, CA
At Block, IT is building an excellent platform of services. Our goal is to choose the best tools available to allow employees to collaborate. Our customers constitute a diverse and geographically distributed workforce, and so our service platform must be adaptable and available wherever it's needed.
As a Cloud Application Engineer focusing on identity and user life cycle automation (ULM), you will be the primary engineer for Block's Okta instance and its integration with other platforms. You will work with customers to identify their SaaS ULM needs and ensure their integration on our cloud platforms are smooth and productive. Engaging vendors, you will help keep Block aligned with best-practices and the latest features.
- Oversee and grow Block's Okta instance and it's integration with other cloud-based platforms ensuring Block IT provides outstanding services to its customers.
- Automate end-user lifecycle management pain points with a CI/CD approach.
- Participate in the M&A process, integrating acquired companies into Block's ecosystem of SaaS platforms.
- Build deeper integration between services and create scalable automation by applying APIs or writing new code.
- Work with teams across Block to identify productivity needs and help pair them with solutions.
- Operate and build partnerships with teams throughout Block to build remarkable solutions
- Mentor members of the CAE team on best practices for automation and SaaS integrations.
- 5+ years of experience with G-Suite, Slack Grid, BOX, Azure, Atlassian Cloud, Okta.
- Experience providing amazing services and operating enterprise environments at scale.
- Passion and understanding of relationship building between technology and your customer in a scaled environment.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD54566975, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD54566975 is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.