Strategic Partnerships Manager, Europe - Bilingual
- Dublin, Ireland
Since we first opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely – and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take a payment and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools that wouldn’t work together. So we expanded into software and started building integrated, omnichannel solutions – to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, run a busy kitchen, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. And across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow all in one place.
Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a business that is big, meaningful, and lasting. And we are helping sellers around the world do the same.
We are looking for an experienced business development manager to join our Partnerships team in Europe. In this newly created role, you will represent Square's brand in Europe and help develop and deploy our European strategy. Responsibilities include scoping out potential partnerships, negotiating contracts and building deep relationships with external parties.
You will have plenty of experience evaluating market dynamics all while sourcing, scoping, negotiating, managing and growing partner relationships. You will be very comfortable interacting, presenting to, and persuading executives both internally and externally to help accomplish Square's long-term vision. Reporting into the Head of Partnerships, you will be part of a team that is motivated and optimistic, that embraces change and sees learning opportunities in business challenges.
- Source and sign new partners that will drive Square's growth in Europe
- Understand Square's company strategy inside and out and communicate the value of Square's platform ecosystem
- Build deep relationships with internal and external stakeholders in order to grow Square's relationships with strategic partners
- Manage all aspects of the partner lifecycle: from initial scoping and negotiation; to prioritisation and execution of strategic projects; financial assessment and forecasting; and ongoing partner management
- Work with a broad range of internal global and local European team members in Product, Engineering, Marketing, Sales, Customer Success, Account Management, and Legal
- 6+ years professional experience, ideally in strategic business development, product management, and/or partnerships experience, with experience in signing new partners
- Fluency in a second European language is required, ideally Portuguese, Spanish or French.
- Experience evaluating opportunities with regard to impact on strategy, brand, finance and operations
- A compelling and inspired vision and sense of common purpose, with a willingness to look beyond what's possible today
- Built successful relationships with external parties; worked with business owners and executives to explore new opportunities
- Managed projects with multiple stakeholders; set clear milestones and hold people (and self) accountable to goals
- A successful track record of managing complex deals and cross-functional projects
- Experience building and managing relationships with senior business leaders, both internally and externally
- Experience working cross-functionally with a range of teams, managing initiatives at scale and delivering on results
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD54566975, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD54566975 is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.