Acquisition Analyst - Marketing Analytics
- Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
You will be part of our Marketing Analytics team, which is responsible for Square’s marketing data, acquisition measurement, and strategy/planning. The Acquisition Analyst role is a hybrid of traditional business analytics and technical project management. You will work closely with our business partners, data engineering team, and data science team to develop measurement systems (including attribution and key metrics), support analytics for Square's SEO team, and analyze Square's acquisition efforts.
- Work with partners to define, develop, QA, roll out, maintain, and progress key metrics used to measure Square's acquisition
- Manage analytics workstreams related to Square's multi-touch attribution model and media mix model, including diagnostic work and projects to improve/progress attribution
- Support analytics for Square's SEO team
- Scope new datasets and lead the introduction of new datasets into existing Square systems
- Work with our data engineering team to develop marketing infrastructure that solves our business needs
- 2+ years of experience working in a technical business analytics role
- Advanced use of SQL and Google Sheets or Excel
- Technical experience working with data engineering teams and data science teams (or direct data engineering / data science experience)
- Comfort working with large datasets and solving ambiguous problems
- Exposure to and understanding of attribution models
- Experience developing complex business measurement systems and models
- Excellent written and verbal communication ability -- particularly when explaining technical matters to less technical partners and vice versa
- Creativity in developing actionable analyses and recommendations
- Ability to take on new challenges in the moment
- Comfort working with multiple partners across time zones
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.