Senior Software Engineer (Backend), Customer Engagement Marketing
- New York, NY
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: Seattle, United States
The Customer team's mission is to help Square merchants grow their businesses by giving them the tools they need to know, support, engage, and acquire their customers. Our product suite includes CRM, loyalty and rewards, gifting, marketing, feedback and messaging. Square offers a seamless and simple solution that saves our merchants time and provides a delightful experience to engage and reward their customers. You will report to the engineering manager who leads the marketing efforts of our point of sale & customers team.
- Work with product managers, designers, and other teams to understand user needs
- Use your passion for building great software to develop meaningful, delightful merchant and customer-facing features that help our merchants connect with, engage and reward their customers
- Provide input to aid in the technical decisions and direction for the team and mentor other engineers
- Write concise, organized code and sensible tests
- Be given opportunities to stretch yourself by learning new technologies and working with engineers and other partners
- 5+ years of experience developing production software
- 5+ years of experience in Back End / Application development in Ruby, Java, Golang
- Experience working with relational databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Sense of customer empathy and experience strategizing the product direction
Technologies we use at Square:
- Java, Golang, Ruby / Rails, Protocol Buffers
- Ember.js, ES6, Sass
- Android, iOS/Cocoa
- MySQL, Redis
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.