Backend Java Developer - Payments
- Oslo, Norway
As a Java developer at TIDAL, you will have the unique opportunity to work with the latest technology on one of the most sophisticated music streaming platforms. Our technology stack currently includes AWS, Spring Boot, Docker, ,. We constantly evaluate the latest technologies and we have the freedom to choose the right ones to solve the task
You will be part of our Payments which is responsible for the successful offering of payment methods to our millions of users worldwide in addition to new product development on our suite of payment offerings. In this role you will have the possibility to imprint your craftsmanship in our product and your work will be important to drive customer satisfaction and subscriber growth.
Some of the tasks you will be challenged with:
- Maintain and build new payment integrations.
- Analyse and scope new initiatives
- Actively work on payments projects
- Proactively contribute to new products to support artist growth and financial empowerment
What we are looking for in our new developer:
- You are an experienced Java developer and you are eager to work with the latest Java technologies
- You have knowledge of and are excited about API driven development
- You have experience with cloud environments, infrastructure as code, and event-driven architecture
- You have experience with microservices
- You need to be fluent in English since it is our company language
- We consider it an advantage if you have experience with payments
Who you are:
- You are a self-driven and motivated developer who enjoys working in a team. Your best work is done in collaboration with your team members.
- You are comfortable communicating with others both inside and outside your immediate team
- You are flexible and positive about taking on responsibility, and you think it is important to follow through to deliver results.
- Relevant education and 3+ years of experience
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.