Product Manager, Square Shop
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
As the Product Manager for Square Shop, Square's eCommerce store for buying Square's payments and point of sale devices, you will manage the product roadmap and be accountable for the business impact and customer success of Square Shop. As the Product Manager, you will understand the needs and experiences of your customers and your cross functional counterparts and translate that into a compelling roadmap and clear product requirements. You will write requirements, prioritize the backlog, and work with the engineering teams to deliver and test quality software.
We are looking for someone with a strong product mindset; a combination of business savvy, customer centricity and technical knowledge. We are looking for product managers that are passionate about the customer's journey while striving to understand the complexities of system integrations and operational impacts. You will report into the Head of the Hardware Channels team.
- Set the vision, roadmap, and direction for Square Shop
- Think globally about the total business and how to best support organizational priorities and growth
- Lead the planning, scoping, and prioritization of projects to achieve all of our goals
- Gather requirements, determine features, write product specs, refine feedback, help write test plans, manage the backlog, and ship quickly
- Build partnerships with marketing, logistics, customer service, and engineering teams to determine and drive successful execution of roadmap initiatives and achievement of performance targets
- Represent the team with partners and senior company leaders to align resources and prioritization
- Utilize technology, tools and operational knowledge to implement projects that drive growth, along with advocating for technical and platform changes to improve the customer experience
- Assess the impact of technical changes to the ecommerce experience; make decisions based on resource capacity, customer experience and business analytics
- 6+ years eCommerce product management experience
- An understanding of ecommerce best practices and great consumer intuition with a curiosity about what motivates online behavior
- An ability to both operate at a strategic level and dive deep into the technical details and complexity with ease
- Past examples of using customer insights and data analytics to drive roadmap and to improve features and user experiences
- Experience building consensus with a diverse group of partners (e.g. marketing, legal, risk, payments)
- Experience shaping product direction based on customer needs
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.