- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Our Security Partners identify risks to our ecosystem, determine our product security roadmap, and guide security architecture in collaboration with teams across Square. Security Partners' work is an important input to our security strategy, to our prioritization of security engineering work, and to the protection of our buyers, sellers, and company.
We are looking for a security partner to grow our coverage to our product lines across Square. This team is focused on empowering Square to understand technical risk and make informed decisions by providing different avenues to manage attack surface across Square's ecosystem. They provide platforms for enabling, scaling, and managing operations so Square customer teams can focus on customer-facing product development and work. You will work with business and engineering leaders to increase our security practices and empower product teams to create solutions that are both remarkable and secure. These solutions cut across shared backend codebase across the company, case management backend, shared frontend codebase, tools and platforms. You will report into our Security Partners Lead.
In this role, you will:
- Work with product and foundational teams to establish and communicate security and privacy posture that balances risk with growth across programs designed to help Square scale.
- Work with a team of experienced security architects and security engineering teams who partner with product organizations across Square.
- Promote far-reaching programs, and champion internally developed security products that address security challenges both directly and through your peers.
- Work with partner teams both inside and outside of our Security organization as you work through security design of operational procedures.
- Foster a security culture throughout Square focused on enablement and an understanding of what it takes to develop great products.
- Partner with our Security Program Management Office (PMO) to measure and prioritize security risks to our buyers, sellers, and the company to ensure we're applying our resources to the most pressing concerns, resulting in establishing overall Security strategy and prioritization at Square.
- 7+ years of experience establishing and scaling security practices in modern technology company environments with a combination of application security, cloud security architecture, risk/policy/compliance engineering, IAM, or engineering operations.
- Experience supporting engineering teams and leaders with security architecture review, threat modeling, and security roadmap development.
- Broad knowledge of security challenges and mitigations, exposure to compliance engineering and regulatory processes, and empathy for the difficulties of product development.
- Demonstrable experience influencing executive leadership and able to communicate with audiences at every level and in every role within the company.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.