Head of Policy, TBD
- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
Founded in July 2021, TBD is Square's newest team. TBD is building an open developer platform and primitives to help unlock the next wave of innovation in financial services — which we believe will be decentralized, permissionless, and non-custodial. The offerings we build will provide developers, institutions, and individuals with the capabilities needed to access a decentralized future. We want to use bitcoin and other blockchain technologies to reinvent the global financial system in an open and permissionless way to further Square's global mission of economic empowerment and financial inclusion for all.
We are looking for a senior policy and government relations expert to join TBD. You will have experience managing complex and technical policy matters, seeing around corners to spot challenges and opportunity, working across teams to promote outcomes, and advocating on behalf of issues at the intersection of financial services and technology. You will develop global plans to create positive policy outcomes on issues including decentralized finance (DeFi), cryptocurrencies, payments, remittances, and new and transformative financial products.
- Develop and build a thoughtful and forward-looking policy strategy for TBD, serving as a thought leader and advocate for new and evolving technologies in the DeFi space
- Partner with TBD business colleagues to better understand their development priorities and policy needs.
- Advocate for TBD with external audiences (policymakers, regulators, third-party groups) on complex policy matters.
- Guide senior level processes to develop impactful responses to incoming policy challenges and opportunities.
- Help build through relationships with industry policy partners, advocacy groups, academics, etc.
- 10+ years of experience in U.S. policy work, with a preference for experience in government, financial services, and technology sectors.
- Experience in cryptocurrencies/DeFi.
- Experience navigating complex and technical policy issues.
- Experience developing policy proposals, regulatory comment, and strategies to create outcomes.
- Experience working collaboratively across our teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communications, and advocacy skills; an ability to explain complicated issues and policy positions to any audience.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.