Service Designer, Financial Services
- Portland, OR
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: Denver, United States
We are looking for a passionate customer advocate who is motivated by complex problems. Our mission is to provide small businesses and their employees outstanding tools to make running a business simple by applying automation and a seamless user-experience. Our teams are focused on creating scalable solutions to our internal workflows and tools. We're a foundational and growing part of the Square ecosystem and are using our position to build products and features that are beyond the capabilities of our competitors.
This is a high impact role and we're looking for someone to own design execution for essential aspects of our Financial Services team—including services like Risk and Payroll. You'll be directly responsible for decisions that improve our systems, tooling, and roadmap. You'd be able to guide the design and approach that will empower our internal employees and result in a better experience for small- and medium-sized businesses and the people behind them. You will report into a design team that works alongside product managers, analysts, and engineers.
This is a remote-friendly position.
- 5+ years of professional design experience
- A portfolio of work on which you were the primary designer, with moderate guidance from design leadership
- Experience in service design (Systems Design, UX/UI Design, Organizational Design)
- You find opportunities to improve systems and processes to create more value in our business and our customer experience
- You facilitate workshops, conduct research, and work cross-functionally to create a collective understanding of our tools, systems and services
- You create elegant and clear journey maps, service blueprints, and documentation of systems
- You are an advocate for the customer and approach problems with an experience mindset
- You create professional, well-thought-out designs using established design systems
- You establish UX metrics such as task analysis, NPS and survey data to quantify opportunities
- You always think about how your work fits into our full ecosystem during all phases of the design process
- You seek feedback from outside of your team to solve problems
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.