Business Development Representative
- Melbourne VIC, Australia
- Alternate Location: Sydney, Australia
Square is looking for a motivated Business Development professional to join our Australian Sales organisation, reporting to the Sales Development Manager. From point of sale to eCommerce, there are Square solutions for almost anything. Our eCommerce tools can help merchants sell online and offer curbside pickup or delivery. We help merchants accept all types of payments everywhere they sell - from processing credit and debit cards on their phones, to building custom solutions on our payment platform. Our Point of Sale app helps merchants sell smarter with real-time sales data and intuitive inventory tools, and the ability to customise the app as their businesses grow. Whether merchants want a website, to integrate payments on their existing site, or to work with top eCommerce platforms, Square makes it simple to sell online. Square hardware solutions Reader, Stand and Terminal allow merchants to ring up items quickly in their store and on the go.
As a Business Development Representative, you will identify prospective Square sellers and promote the value of Square in helping them grow their business. You will work with the Australian Sales team to find new large value merchants fitting the Square ecosystem, and with global Square team-mates on wider projects. Often the first line of contact with prospective Australian Square merchants, you will understand and empathise with their diverse needs and focus on how Square could best support them. You will become an expert in the Square product ecosystem, and will document and track qualified opportunities to pass onto our Account Executive team. You will use multi-channel outreach (social media, outreach emails, phone calls) to large value merchants in Australia each day, applying a data-driven approach to outbound sales.
- Maintain current knowledge of the global Square product ecosystem and how this may help large value Australian merchants to further grow their businesses
- Create a great first impression for prospective Square merchants by using storytelling, case studies and other materials to inspire them about how Square could benefit their businesses
- Research and prospect large value merchants across Australia that may be a good fit for Square, and understand how to handle objections you may encounter
- Use multi-channel outreach methods (social media, outreach emails, phone calls) to qualify leads and schedule meetings between merchants and members of our Account Executive team
- Represent Square and our product ecosystem in the local Victorian and national Australian markets
- Keep up-to-date with the latest business, industry and product trends
- Partner with the Australian Account Executive team to gain exposure to the sales cycle and further develop your sales experience, and learn and maintain current understanding of Australian and global Square sales processes
- Attain (and ideally exceed) your business development goals
- Maintain accurate sales data and documentation by using tools including Salesforce
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.