Product Growth Analyst - Square Payroll
- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
Square Payroll is automating one of the most complex administrative aspects of running a business: paying a team. We help business owners hire, retain, pay great talent, and provide financial control and stability to the hourly workers that need it most. Our customers love our product because it is well designed, easy to use, and gives them peace of mind that they're doing things correctly. Our team loves working on Payroll because we're a full-stack team with a lot of passion to build a remarkable Payroll product and business.
We are looking for an experienced Product Analyst to join Square Payroll's Growth team. The Growth team drives Square's growth by finding our ideal customers, scoping new business opportunities, informing product strategy, and launching full-funnel growth strategies. We believe in applying analytics, engineering, and machine learning to promote data-driven decision-making in product development and customer acquisition - and you are an essential partner in this. As a Product Analyst you will run experimentation and growth plans, develop solutions to personalize product and marketing experiences, provide insights about our sellers, and guide strategic decisions with data.
- Partner with Payroll colleagues across Product, Growth, Engineering, Design, Sales, Risk, and Operations to use data to guide strategic decisions
- Be the expert on payroll data, including an understanding of the employers and employees we serve, and communicate recommendations to decision makers across the Payroll business and Square
- Build dashboards, reports, and alerting systems to allow ongoing analysis and monitoring of product, business and growth campaign performance
- Maintain Payroll's data infrastructure and ensure we make well-informed architecture and design decisions
- Provide comprehensive daily analytics support to colleagues, develop tools to empower data access and self-service so your expertise can be used where it is most impactful
- Communicate recommendations and decisions to partners and executives in verbal, visual, and written media
- You will report to the Payroll Growth Lead
- 5+ years of industry experience using data analytics to produce impactful insights and lead cross-functional projects
- Experience driving analytics projects from beginning to end: question formation, data model design, logging, ETL, validation, analysis, visualization, and presentation
- Familiarity with data warehouse development and best practices
Technologies we use:
- Query languages (SQL)
- Databases (Snowflake, Bigquery)
- Visualization (Looker, Tableau, Amplitude)
- Version control (Git/BitBucket)
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.