Software Engineer, Square Financial Services
- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
Square Financial Services (SFS) is Square's bank. We're looking for a Software Engineer to be the founding member of a new Financial Operations squad, a part of our Bank Infrastructure team. Our team's mission is to operate the bank, grow the bank, and unlock partner teams. You'll report to the team's Engineering Manager and work with the Fin Ops Product Manager to develop remarkable tools for our Finance and Treasury teams.
This position is open to remote applicants based in the United States. The team is based throughout the country, working from home and at Square's offices in San Francisco, NYC, and Salt Lake City.
- Partner with Square Banking teams to ensure SFS's Finance and Treasury teams have complete and accurate financial data.
- Identify opportunities for self-serve and automated solutions to money movement, reconciliation, reporting and accounting.
- Build systems that operate on our customers' most sensitive data, while holding Square to the highest standards for security and compliance.
- Design fault tolerant systems so the team can be brave and move fast, without ever negatively affecting our customers.
- At least 4 years of relevant industry experience.
- Hands-on software development skills and an ability to provide technical mentorship and guidance.
- The desire to work collaboratively, whether in person, over video, or asynchronously through online tools.
- Experience in financial services, banking, or payments.
- Experience with data analysis tools such as Snowflake and Looker.
- Experience with cloud technologies such as AWS Lambda, Fargate/ECS, and Step Functions.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.