Job Posting Title US Transaction Tax Analyst
- Dallas, TX, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Square is looking for an Indirect Tax Manager, reporting to the Global Indirect Tax Lead, to join our tax team. You will support all transaction tax compliance, reporting, audits, planning and integration activities. You will work with the tax team and numerous teams across our organization.This position can sit in any Square office in the US or be full-time remote from any US state with the exception of Alaska.
- Perform tax research related to different Square products, prepare memorandums and other written documents, maintain and communicate knowledge of past, present and potential future indirect tax laws, guidance, and court decisions that are applicable to the core business.
- Support indirect tax planning, potential acquisitions and product consulting.
- Lead the implementation of processes as a result of new and evolving business practices or tax legislation.
- Manage aspects of the indirect tax compliance, which includes the management of the different source data, review the workpapers prepared internally or by a third-party provider, ensure that all activities occur are completed.
- Review monthly indirect tax accruals and reconciliations for key accounts for SOX control purposes and ensure efficient closure of indirect tax audits and tax assessment notices.
- Lead the development of software solutions for indirect tax automation; identify, develop, and direct the implementation of technology tools and process improvements to reduce low-value work and increase tax resource productivity/focus on more value-added work
- Build relationships with third party service providers, Square's finance, system, counsel and accounting professionals to ensure that the Indirect Tax returns are based on complete and accurate information.
- Partner with and/or lead a team of motivated tax professionals; Guide and partner with multiple teams to establish and refine tax policies, processes and system workflows.
- Lead educational sessions on developments in tax legislation and case law.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field.
- 7+ years of tax experience working at a public accounting firms OR equivalent experience at a multinational corporation with complex multi-state taxes and industry, focused on indirect tax
- You have a detailed understanding of common principles of indirect tax and ability to apply them to the business and detailed exposure to indirect taxation, country-specific or multi-jurisdictional indirect tax consulting and indirect tax compliance
- Experience with project and people management
- Familiarity with e-commerce sales taxation trends and the tax implications
- Can analyze all sides of an argument, document tax positions for our auditors, and ensure that the proper checks and balances are in place to ensure all aspects have been considered.
- CPA, JD or Master's in Taxation or equivalent.
- Experience in Big 4 accounting firms or law firms
- Global indirect tax experience in the technology industry and/or multinational company.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.