Software Engineering Manager, Payment Platform
- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
Square's Payment Platform is an open, global financial services platform for developers who serve our merchants. We are looking for an Engineering Manager to join our Accounting Engineering group, leading a 6-person backend team responsible for services which count the pennies, orchestrate with Risk, Capital and Fees and move money for Square. You will be involved in the technical details of building highly available and reliable services, while also working with product teams to enable Square to rapidly build new capabilities for our sellers and buyers all over the world.
- Help make your team a place where everyone can live their best lives and do the best work of their careers
- Lead your team in developing and operating a key accounting and event orchestration platform for Square, diving deep with customers and launching new products for internal and external developers.
- Hire and develop your engineers, helping them learn and achieve their own goals while holding them - and yourself - to high engineering standards
- Develop efficient processes, ensuring the engineering team is operating with high velocity, quality and ownership
- Focus your team on increasing resiliency, up time and deployment velocity while decreasing the blast radius of software changes and tracking and improving customer facing metrics.
- Work cross-functionally with our product, business, and finance teams to develop Square’s global payments strategy, while reporting into a Senior Engineering Manager on the team.
- 8+ years relevant software development experience
- 2+ years of experience as a Software Engineering Manager
- Experience creating highly available, scalable, low-latency, global systems.
- Interest in changing the payments landscape in the US and globally
- [Bonus] Experience working with financial systems
Technologies we use and teach:
- Java, Kotlin
- RESTful APIs, gRPCs, Guice (for dependency injection), Guava, Protocol Buffers, jOOQ
- AWS SQS, Lambda, DynamoDB, and MySQL, GCP Spanner, Kubernetes
- JIRA, SignalForm, PagerDuty, LaunchDarkly
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.