Senior Account Executive
- Montreal, QC, Canada
We are looking for a tenured Quebec-based Account Executive to join our Senior Sales Team! As an Account Executive, you will create an outbound strategy and work with a business development representative to build a book of business. You will help identify merchants that can grow with Square's platform and have proven experience negotiating and closing complex mid-market+ deals.
- Own the introduction of Square to merchants in all markets: retail, food and drink, professional services, and beyond
- Oversee the sales cycle from prospect to close and partner with other teams to ensure successful onboarding
- Achieve and exceed monthly sales goals through outbound sales efforts
- Understand and empathize with your customer(s) and approach each conversation with a consultative approach
- Partner with Product and Marketing to ensure our solutions meet the needs of the market
- Use your prior sales experience to inform a creative go-to-market strategy.
- 5+ years experience in a closing role
- Fully bilingual in French and English abilities
- Experience selling a diverse ecosystem of products, and closing complex deals
- Business development experience (e.g. cold calling)
- Mid-market+ full sales cycle experience
- You will sell to businesses in size like Joey Restaurants and large professional sports stadiums
- A collaborative and team player mentality
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.