Senior Software Engineer - Product Velocity, Cash App
- Atlanta, GA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: San Francisco, United States
It all started with an idea at Square in 2013. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app, bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, and save to our millions of monthly active users. We want to make the world’s relationship with money more relatable, instantly available, and universally accessible. This is our mission, and it’s why working at Cash App means so much more than a job.
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward creativity, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and we’ve got offices and remote teammates across the globe. Our offices are great, but many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers to learn more!
As a member of the Product Velocity engineering team, you will be responsible for scaling product development on Cash’s rapidly growing distributed architecture by building core product infrastructure that powers both long-established and cutting edge Cash product features. This includes developing and scaling the protocols and rails by which we sync data to our mobile apps, orchestrate product flows, and deliver rich notifications to our customers across all of their devices.
- Own and scale core product infrastructure with tremendous processing requirements
- Develop primitives that enable and accelerate exciting new product features
- Write well-tested code
- Build incrementally and deploy daily
- Contribute to the broader tech and open source communities
- Boundless curiosity
- Drive to find flaws in a system with many moving parts and take whatever steps are necessary to fix them
- Demonstrated technical initiative and leadership on previous projects
- Strong track record of learning and teaching as mechanisms to grow as an engineer
- Ability to promote engineering best practices within yourself and your team
- Bachelor's Degree or Diploma in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
Technologies we use and teach:
- Kotlin, Java
- DataDog, Prometheus, SignalFx
- HTTP, JSON, gRPC, Protocol Buffers
- OkHttp, Jetty, JUnit, Guice
- MySQL, DynamoDB
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.