- San Francisco, CA
Security Specialists focus on enhancing employee safety and security and positively improve the employee experience at Square. This is accomplished through direct interaction with employees, contractors, and vendors, and partnering with building management and internal departments and teams. Security Specialists oversee office safety and security, guest relationship management, responding to medical incidents, documentation and incident reporting, and any other tasks assigned. Safety programs, inspections, and participation in company events are other included tasks. Under the direction of the Security Operations Supervisor, Security Specialists safeguard Square employees, guests, and facilities from harm or other risks, including fire, theft, accidents, unauthorized access and property damage.
- Maintain watch of facilities and equipment to prevent malfunction
- Can stand for prolonged periods of time on post in varied conditions
- Accommodate employee needs to enhance their work experience
- Greet and provide high levels of service to employees, guests, and others at Square
- Work in the Global Security Operations Center where you will support global regions and locations and the goals of the global security program:
- Security Operations
- Travel Safety
- Incident response including crisis management programs
- Security Technology and systems
- Deploy specific security programs and standards
- Global Threats and Intelligence
- Monitor radio, telephone, and other electronic notification systems and respond to calls for service
- Report and document all incidents and complete daily security reports
- Promote and ensure safety of visitors and employees in the event of an emergency evacuation
- Provide emergency first aid including AED and CPR
- Participate in ongoing training
- At least one-year experience as a Security Officer working under the direction of a BSIS licensed company.
- Current California BSIS Guard Card
- First-aid, CPR, and AED certification through either the American Heart Association or the Red Cross
- Pass comprehensive background check
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Superior customer service skills and willing to engage staff in a pleasant manner
- Knowledge of employee and facility protection systems: fire extinguishers, alarm systems, video management systems, access control systems, inspection systems, report writing systems
- Willingness to confront trespassers or individuals intent on causing harm to employees or assets
- Available to work a flexible schedule; including overtime, nights, weekends and holidays
- Computer literacy with the ability to work on Mac (desktop and iOS) and PC platforms
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.