Team Lead - Risk Operations, Cash App
- Portland, OR
- Alternate Location: St. Louis, United States
Cash App is the fastest growing financial brand in the world. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app with over 24 million monthly active users. We are bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, and save to anyone who has ever sought an alternative to the traditional banking system.
Loved by customers and pop culture, we’ve consistently held the top spot for finance in the App Store for many years, seeing more engagement with millions of followers across social media in a day than most brands see in a year. We are building an ecosystem to redefine the world’s relationship with money by making it universally accessible.
We want to hire the best talent regardless of location. Our employment model is distributed, offering the opportunity to collaborate with teams across the world in San Francisco, New York, St. Louis, Portland, Toronto, Kitchener-Waterloo, Sydney, and Melbourne.
Interested in learning more?
This position will lead a risk operation of approximately 10-15 agents focused primarily on fraud risk for all Cash App products. This role has material cross-functional collaboration requirements within Cash App and with our third party banking relationships. Primary focus will be on daily operational management including: people development, SLA adherence, workflow efficiency management, resource allocation, and all things Fraud and Risk mitigation.
- Strategic Planning
- Workflow/workforce planning and management
- Management Reporting & Metrics
- Leadership & Mentorship
- System Tools(internal/external) integration & build
- Industry Expertise (Banking, E-Commerce, Payments)
- Partner with Customer Operations, Voice of Customer, Knowledge Operations, and Cash Product on projects directly associated with the department
- Partner with third-party vendors or other external partnerships (as needed)
Leading a Team
- Manage a team of high performing individuals in fast-paced environment
- Ability to mentor, coach and lead from the front
- Partner with HR, Talent, and Recruiting on sourcing candidates as well as administration of HR Policies/Procedures
- Recognize and Reward talent; ensure accountability at all levels within the team roles
- Manage individual performance to metrics and provide ongoing insight and coaching
- BA/BS degree or related experience
- 6+ years of work experience with 3+ years of direct people management experience required
- Past product or project management experience
- Experience building and scaling Customer ops teams
- The ability to effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally
- Creative problem-solving abilities
- Natural curiosity to dig deep to understand customer behavior
- Strong analytical skills
- Passion for assessing Risk
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with each office’s corresponding local guidelines.
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.