UX Research Director, Financial Services
- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: New York, United States
We are looking for a UX Research Director to lead research across the Payments & Payroll business areas. These groups power the core money that enables sellers, employers, employees alike in getting paid - while protecting them in doing so.
From developing the core infrastructure, to the seller experiences, we find the best ways to move money across different networks and countries in a way that is intuitive, simple, and remarkable. You and your team will use mixed-methods research to inform both the experiences and the strategy, for some of our most at scale products like our eCommerce API, Referrals Engine, Risk User-Flows.
You will report directly to the Director of Design, and partner with your GM peers to inform the roadmap, and drive increased cohesion of the respective pieces. You will build out a team of researchers. You will provide guidance of their output, facilitating cross-functional partnerships and the research process. You will promote an outstanding research practice and ensure research study execution. As a UX Research Director, you'll provide mentorship and champion the craft and career development of your team, while creating a safe haven so researchers can accomplish their best work.
- 12+ years of relevant research experience in digital product, 4+ years in people management
- Experience managing UX researchers, and the ability to build, mentor, and motivate teams
- Experience synthesizing company-level goals to help teams across multiple products create remarkable experiences
- Build out a team of researchers, providing direction, pushing the quality of the work, and inspiring a strong research culture
- Influence the overarching strategy for Payments & Payroll, in collaboration with design and the business units
- Build relationships with cross-functional team members from Engineering, Product, Marketing, and Data Science and speak to product strategy and experience goals
- Participate in design discipline-wide conversations and create deliverables on how to improve process, operations, and tools
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.