Marketing Consultant - eCommerce, part-time contract
- Dublin, Ireland
- Employees can work remotely
Our mission is simple: we want to help people everywhere start, run and grow a business. We’re a fast-moving global fintech company building the tools entrepreneurs need to simplify and streamline their business. Square’s powerful ecosystem of tools includes everything from accepting card payments and invoicing to e-commerce, data reporting, loyalty programs and managing inventory, locations or customers.
Now supporting millions of businesses worldwide, Square is recognised as a leader in innovation, rated in the top 10 of Fast Company’s 2019 World’s Most Innovative Companies list. As we continue to expand globally, we are looking to drive that innovation further by scaling our smart, dedicated and passionate workforce in new markets. Square was founded in 2009 by Jack Dorsey and Jim McKelvey and is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices now operating across the United States, Canada, Japan, the UK, Ireland and Australia.
The Product Marketing team at Square ensures that the right customers are getting the right message, through the right channels and represents the customer's voice in product strategy decisions. We are in the process of building our EU team and you will implement growth and marketing strategies to help create awareness of Square eCommerce offerings in Europe. Square's eCommerce products include Square Online, an eCommerce website platform, and Square Online Checkout, which lets users create and share a payment link and get paid online without needing a website.
As a part-time Consultant, you will understand product strategy, growth marketing, positioning and messaging. You will report to the Senior Product Marketing Manager overseeing European expansion for the eCommerce team, based in Dublin, Ireland.
- Ensure product releases are launched with appropriate messaging for each market including providing localisation support in the European language(s) you are accomplished in.
- Review localised work from global teams acting as ambassador for European markets, providing suggestions and translations for market specific requirements.
- Ensure all customer-facing teams are on-message and maximising each channel (paid and organic).
- Provide market specific insights to inform marketing strategy and campaigns through speaking with our customers and identifying useful resources for insights.
- Speak with our customers to gather recommendations for our future success.
- Fluency in French and/or additional European language skills
- Background in B2C marketing with experience delivering growth in consumer tech or small to medium business tech.
- A BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience such as 5+ years marketing experience.
- The ability to work with EU-based customers and Square team members in Dublin, and global Square colleagues in English (writing, video meetings, in person)
- Experience working in international go to market, product marketing, growth or lifecycle marketing or similar.
- Passion for Square and desire to help Square Sellers in EU succeed
- Masters (but not required, your experience and passion for marketing is most important)
- Experience using data visualization tools (ie. Looker), CMS (ie. Contentful) and Google Analytics and Search Console
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, qualifications, professional competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy status, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.