Machine Learning Modeler, Payment Platform
- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: New York, United States
The Payment Platform is an open, global financial services platform for developers who serve sellers. It provides the necessary components to manage identity, process payments across multiple channels, hold and transfer funds, and provide accounting, reconciliation, and reporting in a secure and compliant way.
We process billions of dollars worth of transactions every year. At that scale, even small optimizations can result in major impact. The Payment Platform Data Science team is led by Wafa (whom you will report to). As a Machine Learning Modeler on Payment Platform, you will partner with software engineers and data scientists to integrate machine learning into our payment processing. Current work includes building models to improve pricing, predict transaction costs, improve payment routing, and reduce decline rates.
- Train, test, and deploy machine learning models with high impact in collaboration with software engineers and data scientists
- Research and understand the needs of partner teams, frame and structure questions, collect and analyze data, prototype, and build production-ready machine learning pipelines
- Uncover new opportunities for using machine learning to improve payments by performing independent research and building relationships with partner teams
- Promote good modeling and coding practices. Use new ML tooling to track model rollout and performance
- Identify gaps and opportunities in our processes.
- Evaluate ML and cloud-based platforms and services
- 2+ years industry experience in a machine-learning-focused role
- A graduate degree in a technical discipline
- Experience with applying machine learning techniques to solve practical product problems with clear impact
- Guide impactful cross-team projects that depend on the contributions of others in multiple disciplines
- An interest in enhancing the machine learning discipline on payments by exploring and implementing novel ML tooling and technologies
- Interest in changing the payments landscape in the US and globally
Technologies we use and teach:
- Python, SQL
- Machine Learning, Statistics
- Google Cloud Platform: BigQuery, Dataflow, and Composer
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.