Data Analytics Manager, Customer Success
- Atlanta, GA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
The Customer Success Operations team manages the daily operations of the CS organization (Workforce Management, Vendor Management, Tools/Infrastructure) and implements strategic projects to improve the performance (quality and efficiency) of our CS team. We are a data-driven team: data and analytics is central to everything we do and underpins all of the responsibilities mentioned above. Our analytics team is “full stack”, meaning they have responsibility for our data infrastructure (APIs, ETLs) through to the creation of dashboards and custom insights projects. The Customer Success Analytics Lead will manage our analytics team, taking the lead on creating the team roadmap and personally leading our most important analytics projects.We are looking for a leader who combines a strong analytical background with excellent team leadership abilities, and who can lead change in a multifunctional environment.
- Set the vision and roadmap for the CS Analytics team. Look beyond the immediate asks on the team to prioritize infrastructure, skills and process changes to help the team grow to meet its future needs. For example, decide on the best strategy for individual analyst specialization vs. redundancy benefits of generalists, or decide whether to prioritize insights work vs. data infrastructure improvements.
- Manage our CS analyst team. Develop their skills through investing time in detailed reviews of their work, coaching specific skill areas and collaborating on career development paths.
- Be the visible lead of the team and promote their work. Develop relationships with analytics partners, and manage/prioritize their asks, including setting realistic expectations. Work with partner teams on delivering new work (for example on the change management associated with rolling out new metrics to advocates). Develop a communications plan to share updates on the team’s work both within and outside of CS.
- Iterate and run the team operating rhythm. Consider the prioritization process, framework, and code review process. Manage and iterate the on-call process.
- Lead our large strategic analytics projects such as the measurement framework for service segmentation that is launching later in the year
- Build our reporting of KPIs and develop an understanding of the trends and drivers within them. Identify issues we need to understand better and structure deep-dives to uncover applicable insights on them, why drivers of efficiency are trending down and what we might do to improve them.
- 5+ years of business experience in an analytical capacity
- 3+ years Experience managing a team of at least 5 analysts, covering both individual development and overall team strategy and operations
- Experience with SQL and Excel. These are the languages/products your team will work in, so we ask that you are knowledgeable to coach and review.
- Familiarity with data engineering concepts; design, construction and management of data pipelines
- Structure complex problems, drive to data-driven solutions and project-manage their implementation
- Experience managing relationships and delivering projects in partnership with several teams and functions within a medium-large company
- Translate quantitative data into applicable recommendations and communicate complex data concepts to both senior and junior levels
- This role requires 35% coding ability in addition to people leadership
- Preferred: Familiarity with the world of Customer Success / Customer Support, including common metrics, drivers and business best practices
- Preferred: Knowledge of Python, R and Looker, and familiarity with statistical analytical techniques
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.