Global Social Media Lead
- San Francisco, CA
Square's Content Marketing team supports the growth of the brand and the business by winning audiences of engaged and loyal independent business owners with our innovative use of channels and purposeful and authentic storytelling. At the front lines of that effort is our Social Media team, building emotional connections with current and future business owners, creating content that preserves Square's voice, and building awareness and brand affinity through storytelling and information sharing on a variety of channels, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram. We're looking for an experienced social media practitioner and digital strategist to lead and grow the team.
As the team lead, you should think like a publisher — bringing a creative and innovative point of view to the team as we continue to push the boundaries of storytelling across our channels. And you should know how to optimize like a marketer — tweaking channel strategy, developing user journeys, and using data to improve the user experience. You'll have the opportunity to build out the team, define its role within Square, and establish the way the team works globally and cross-functionally.
You will partner with the rest of the Content Marketing team, which includes Editorial, Lead Generation, and SEO as well as our Communications, Creative, Brand Marketing, Demand Generation, and Product Marketing teams.
You appreciate a perfectly used emoji. You live online, your phone is a semi-permanent fixture in your hand, and your biggest fear is a dead battery. You hustle and grind without ever saying hustle or grind. You're clever, creative, dynamic, adaptive, and eager. You have strong feelings on the correct pronunciation of "GIF," and always have one ready to go. You love when a great piece of content lands, and want to learn why something doesn't. You have no patience for slow Wi-Fi, and absolutely hate typos. You can creatively and easily communicate complicated and innocuous product details for specific audiences. You already know your meme and are a pop culture junkie.
- Grow Square's Social Media team, setting a vision and strategy that aligns with broader Content Marketing goals
- Develop a center of excellence model allowing for more consistent social media best practices to be implemented globally
- Oversee the US social media team, working with the US social lead to ensure overall strategy
- Increase existing channels for growth and develop Square's presence on new platforms, looking for ways to connect with new audiences and create community
- Foster a culture of creativity on the team — encouraging the team to test and improve strategies that promote earned media and community engagement
- Develop a comprehensive framework for measuring the success of social media and its impact on the business
- Partner with team members across Marketing to ensure organic social media is integrated into our customer journeys and paid and organic social media feel consistent
- 8+ years of post-university work experience and a BA/BS in a related field such as journalism, marketing, or communications
- Experience in social media, strategic content marketing, or growth marketing
- The ability to think strategically and develop comprehensive narratives that align with brand goals
- Experience managing a team of strategists and creatives
- Working knowledge of social advertising and how to align organic and paid strategy
- A deep understanding of social media measurement and how to use it to fuel performance
- An eye for detail, down to the last character, image crop, and line break. While the majority of the role won't be focused on content production, you have a background in creative writing or design.
- An energetic, solution oriented attitude
Your application should include
- Contact information
- A description of yourself in a single tweet
- Related links (website/portfolio, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook, etc.)
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.