People Operations Lead
- Dublin, Ireland
Square is looking for a People Operations Lead on our Global People Operations team to help support and leapfrog ahead of Square's growth. Reporting to the Head of Global People Operations, you will be hands-on and be able to flex from strategic to tactical work while providing coaching within the People Ops Team. You'll need to partner "horizontally" across multiple teams, understand systems and data to make logical decisions, and create long-term solutions that can withstand the test of time and growth. You will be comfortable leading a diverse team through a complex change journey that requires transformation.
- Help develop a transformational vision for the People Ops team
- Build the HR operations support for EMEA and APAC
- Operationalize and centralize existing multiple HR processes, with an ultimate goal of automation
- Identify trends through data, conduct analyses, and propose and implement systematic operational solutions across multiple People data-related matters and processes (i.e., process improvement)
- Establish operational thoughtfulness and data metrics for operational oversight and reporting
- Guide and influence partner teams when new programs arise to keep Square safe and compliant
- Work with global teams across varying time zones across our APAC, EMEA and American markets.
- HRIS (including Workday) operational experience
- Broad HR operational experience in several HR areas (e.g., Benefits, Compensation, Immigration, and Mobility)
- BA/BS degree and 5+ years of HR experience with operational, project management, or program management activities
- Remote or international People Management experience
- Experience with modern communication tools (e.g., Google Meet, Slack)
- Experience implementing processes that scale
- Manage multiple ongoing projects
- The ability to remain composed with high volume of activities
- A propensity to partner with others at all levels around the world
- The instinct to create personal and professional stretch goals and meet them
Additional skills (considered a major plus):
- Workday implementation / consulting experience
- Bias for logical action - You have an urgency to improve systemic change through a data-driven lens without compromising quality.
- Empathy - You always want to understand someone's struggle.
- Hyper-organized - You know how to keep track of multiple projects through delivery.
- Attention to detail - You look at the finer details.
- Understanding of cultural differences, or change of organization dynamics
- A strong desire to standardize, scale, automate, then repeat
- Flexible leadership style (i.e., Lead from the front, within, or behind)
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.