Customer Success Manager
- Tokyo, Japan
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square POS, Square Stand and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
We’re seeking a fluent Japanese and English speaking Customer Success Manager to report to our Customer Success Leader and manage a group of our Customer Success Advocates - who pride themselves on providing outstanding customer care to Square merchants across Japan. You will be passionate about Square and our focus on economic empowerment, a strong people manager and someone who loves working in a high-tech environment. You will not only lead a team of passionate Customer Success Advocates, but will also build outstanding operations - optimising all Customer Success channels including email, social media, and phone - while strengthening team culture, driving customer happiness, and promoting employee success.
- Coach Customer Success team members, with a focus on continuing and enhancing their professional development
- Improve Square Japan customer satisfaction across all channels (email, social media, phone)
- Ensure delivery of critical Customer Success projects, leading these end to end
- Gather and synthesise data, suggesting improvements of tools, techniques and productivity to help scale the team
- Scale the Customer Success team by capitalising on opportunities for increased effectiveness and efficiency
- A passion for Square and ensuring an outstanding customer experience
- Customer success experience with experience directly managing teams of at least 5 individual contributors
- The ability to effectively influence and communicate with cross-functional teams
- Creative problem-solving abilities BA/BS degree or related experience
- Past product or project management experience
- Fluency in Japanese and English
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.