Business Development Representative
- St. Louis, MO
Square is looking for high-energy, motivated professionals with sound business insight and natural sales instincts to join, and help build, our Sales Development organization. You will lay the foundation of this sales effort through identifying prospective sellers and promoting the value of Square for their business. . As a Business Development Representative, you will work with our Sales team to find new merchants that fit the Square ecosystem. As the first line of contact, you understand the diverse needs of our merchants. You will become an expert in the products and services that enables merchants to grow with the Square ecosystem. You will use your convincing personality and passion for winning to improve the standard of success, documenting and tracking qualified opportunities to pass onto the Account Executive team. You will use a data-driven approach to outbound sales that incorporates prospecting, email communication, and calling at scale.
- Source businesses within Square's ideal customer profile across a variety of business sizes and markets
- Manage a diverse pipeline of businesses and prioritize outreach to accelerate sales cycles
- Reach out to businesses in your pipeline at scale through cold calling, emailing and social selling
- Promote urgency through a solutions-based sales approach, identifying challenges with businesses and providing targeted value around how Square can help
- Partner directly with Account Executives to identify winning strategies for outbound prospecting
- Grow your career in sales through frequent developmental opportunities and mentorship from the Account Executive team
- Consistently attain and exceed your monthly quotas
- A desire to grow your career in sales
- Equivalent practical experience
- Personal leadership, authenticity, team player, energy richness, curiosity
- Enthusiasm for developing sales skills through cold calling
- Comfort with operating in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.