- San Francisco, CA, USA
Our Seller Communications team is made up of tough, entrepreneurial, and curious people. We communicate to the world Square's mission to empower businesses with an ecosystem of integrated solutions, including elegant hardware, robust business software, and accessible financial services, that give them an advantage where they previously and unfairly had none. We are looking for an Associate to support communications efforts across Square's growing ecosystem of products for businesses.
- Support Square's Seller Communications team, assisting in communications efforts for Square's growing portfolio of products for businesses, including Square hardware, point-of-sale and e-commerce software, partnerships, developer platform, and financial services like Square Capital, Square Card, and Square Payroll.
- Create and support communications programs that build awareness of our products, showcase our customers, and highlight our technology, including participating in major launches and announcements.
- Develop written materials, including company press lists, briefing docs, messaging and statements, communications plans, press releases, blog posts, FAQs, and other collateral.
- Pitch and work with reporters covering a wide range of beats, from local market personal finance to consumer tech to national business.
- 2+ years relevant work experience at either a PR agency or on an in-house communications team.
- Tip-top organizational skills, whether creating media lists, managing coverage trackers, generating editorial calendars, or otherwise staying atop and prioritizing multiple concurrent activities.
- Experience pitching regional, consumer, technology, business, and vertical publications.
- Strong writing and editing skills. You love to write everything from press releases to FAQs to briefing docs, which you'll demonstrate in a writing exercise.
- A self-starter attitude: you continually create personal and professional stretch goals and meet them.
- A passion for Square's mission of economic empowerment and for the stories, experiences, and perseverance of small businesses.
- An appreciation of the Oxford comma.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources