Senior Business Intelligence Data Engineer, Cash App
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: Seattle, United States
Cash App is the fastest growing financial brand in the world. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app with over 36 million monthly active users. We are bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, and save to anyone who has ever sought an alternative to the traditional banking system.
Loved by customers and pop culture, we’ve consistently held the top spot for finance in the App Store for many years, seeing more engagement with millions of followers across social media in a day than most brands see in a year. We are building an ecosystem to redefine the world’s relationship with money by making it universally accessible.
We want to hire the best talent regardless of location. Our employment model is distributed, offering the opportunity to collaborate with teams across the world in San Francisco, New York, St. Louis, Portland, Toronto, Kitchener-Waterloo, Sydney, and Melbourne.
The BI Team at Cash enables our teams to make impactful business decisions. Our BI Engineers handle everything from data architecture and modeling to data pipeline tooling and dashboarding. As a Senior BI Engineer at Cash App, you will report to the BI Manager and work with Analysts, Data Scientists, Software Engineers, and Product Managers to lay the foundation for analyzing our large, unique dataset. We are an extremely data-driven team - from understanding our customers, managing and operating our business, to informing product development. You will build, curate, document, and manage key datasets and ETLs to increase the impact of the entire team.
- Create brand new and optimize existing data models for the most widely used Cash App events, entities, and processes
- Standardize business and product metric definitions in curated and optimized datasets
- Build pipelines out of our data warehouse
- Teach (and encourage) others to self-serve while building tools that make it simpler and faster for them to do so
- Promote data, analytics, and data model design best practices
- Create dashboards that help our teams understand the performance of the business and help them make decisions
- A graduate degree in Computer Science, Applied Math, Engineering, Stats, Physics, or a something comparable
- 3+ years of industry experience building complex, scalable ETLs for a variety of different business and product use cases
- An interest in advancing Cash App's vision of building products for economic empowerment - this should be something that legitimately excites you
Technologies we use and teach:
- SQL (MySQL, Snowflake, BigQuery, etc.)
- Airflow, Looker and Tableau
- Python and Java
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.