Senior Data Analyst, Informatics, TIDAL
- Atlanta, GA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: Toronto, Canada
As the Sr Data Analyst in the Finance group, you will help establish data-driven decisions, with understanding of the people, process & technology across departments.
Insights from data power most decisions at Square. This senior data analyst role will work with partners in finance, product, data engineering, design, and compliance to analyze data from all parts of our business to power financials made at Square. Our trajectory is defined by the systems, tools, and analytics powered by our team.
You will ensure that Square makes sound financial decisions. Whether modeling business scenarios or tracking performance metrics, you will promote strategic company decisions. You will work on multiple projects at a time, focusing on the details while finding creative ways to solve challenges.
- Identify and design internal process improvements in the finance & strategy organization: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability.
- Develop insights around the important metrics that improve us and financials.
- Develop financial reporting data tools used to improve the financial models for managing Squares growth.
- Build predictability and statistical confidence into the growth of our business (both revenue and costs) and continue building a data-driven culture within finance organization.
- Power quick decisions by using our vast datasets (Big Data, Snowflake)
- Make suggestions for our customers and business of how financial impacts are tracked.
- Work with engineering partners to design data pipelines that help organize data towards a single source of truth.
- Partner with Product, Marketing, Engineering, and Operations teams to help resolve broader problems, create growth plans, establish financial and operating targets and determine resource requirements.
- Mentor others to democratize the use of finance data within the company
- 8+ years of experience working in product analytics or product data science
- Bachelor's degree in a Finance, Economics or Business
- 5+ years of work experience in finance and business analysis with statistical experience in a quantitative field such as mathematics, statistics, engineering, or natural sciences (or equivalent experience)
- Proficient Excel (can perform complex functions) experience with visualization tools, i.e Looker/Tableau
- Experience in financial analysis and business modeling in the high-tech industry
- Excellent programming skills, including expert level familiarity with either Python (numpy, scipy, pandas) or R programming languages
- Expert level SQL skills
- Experience with statistical analysis
- Experience communicating data-driven insights
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources