CSIRT Security Event Analyst
- Melbourne, Australia
- Employees can work remotely
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
The Square Security team works to ensure the security of every transaction from dip to receipt and beyond. We strive to provide a secure environment that allows Square to build world-class products for both customers and employees. Our ultimate goal is to ensure that every single experience with Square is simple, secure, and safe.
The Detection and Response Engineering team contributes to the overall mission through systems hardening, intrusion detection and incident response. We are an engineering focused team and prioritize our work using an attack-driven defensive approach to prioritize our preventive controls, detective controls, and response program based on real world attacker behaviors. We automate the detection of, and response to, attack techniques, proactively hunt for threats in the environment and are responsible for incident response. As a CSIRT Security Event Analyst, your primary focus areas will be around monitoring, triage, and case management.
- Monitor and triage events and alerts through internal slack channels, intrusion detection queues, vulnerability reports, and other data sources across our ecosystem
- Support day-to-day incident response activities, as well as own and drive the resolution of complex security incidents and investigations. From log analysis, potential data leaks, phishing scams, unusual logins, to malware reversing, and threat-hunting
- Facilitate or own the creation and or refinement of security policies, runbooks, security metrics, standards, baselines, or guidelines
- Lead team and cross-team projects focused on runbook, process, or devsecops maturity
- Lead security case postmortems to identify opportunities to improve incident response process, engineering workflows, or manual activity that can be automated
- Advise on continuous process improvement introducing new tools, technologies, and practices to help the team scale and strengthen our security posture
- Lead and participate in tabletop exercises across diverse business areas and geographies to ensure operational readiness
- Degree from an accredited college or university or 2+ years of experience in Information Security, Information Technology or related work experience
- Fundamental knowledge of security principles
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Effective organizational skills and ability to manage priorities in a fast paced environment
- Knowledge of a programing language for automation and scripting
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively and lead projects and initiatives.
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, qualifications, professional competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy status, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible time off
- Learning and Development resources