Group Creative Director, Developers & Partnerships
- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: Atlanta, United States
Square is looking for a passionate Group Creative Director to lead our Developers and Partnerships team that will report directly to the Head of Design. This influential team's mission is two-fold. First, we are creating the end-to-end experience for developers of all types that build on top of Square's robust ecosystem of software and hardware. Additionally, we are building an expansive 3rd party app ecosystem that allows software vendors access and the ability to directly develop integrated tools for the millions of Square sellers.
You will set the creative strategy, direction, voice, and personality across the creative marketing in this unique space. You will direct creative work across Square's public web, owned channels, integrated campaigns, and performance marketing for your areas of focus, and work with other creative teams on cross-product campaigns. All work will be designed to build awareness, driving the growth of Square products and advancing Square's goals.
You will directly manage an experienced creative team that includes art direction, interactive and visual design, copy, and program management. You will work regularly with partners in video, photography, production, engineering, and operations. Importantly, you will continue to build upon a culture that motivates this team to achieve creative excellence across a variety of mediums including web, email, film, video, digital, print, direct mail, retail, and events. You will enhance the creative work to meet the ambition of the brand while delivering outstanding results.
**For consideration, please submit a link to your portfolio and any relevant passwords**
- 8+ years experience in a creative role including 3 or more years leading a multi-disciplinary creative team
- Storytelling capabilities across several formats
- Process oriented approach to solving creative problems
- Experience leading development of integrated marketing campaigns
- Working knowledge of production and asset creation in print, digital and video workflows
- Understanding of performance and awareness marketing strategies and tactics
- Experience recruiting, motivating, and managing a team of experienced creatives
- Curiosity for technology and the future evolution of content creation and distribution
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources