Mobile Engineer, Bitcoin Network, Cash App
- Miami, FL, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs with your Square email.
Cash App is the fastest growing financial brand in the world. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app with over 36 million monthly active users. We are bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, and save to anyone who has ever sought an alternative to the traditional banking system.
Loved by customers and pop culture, we’ve consistently held the top spot for finance in the App Store for many years, seeing more engagement with millions of followers across social media in a day than most brands see in a year. We are building an ecosystem to redefine the world’s relationship with money by making it universally accessible.
We want to hire the best talent regardless of location. Our employment model is distributed, offering the opportunity to collaborate with teams across the world in San Francisco, New York, St. Louis, Portland, Toronto, Kitchener-Waterloo, Sydney, and Melbourne.
Interested in learning more?
Cash App’s mobile engineering organization is focused on building new customer-facing features and enhancing our existing products to scale. We’re developing industry-leading design systems and open source tools, all while adding exciting new functionality to our ecosystem.
As a mobile engineer on Cash’s Bitcoin Network team you will be improving and expanding our services around Bitcoin for the US and international markets, including Bitcoin P2P for Cash App customers, Bitcoin on-chain deposits and withdrawals, and Bitcoin trading around the world.
- Build end-to-end features of the app: networking, persistence, business logic, and UI
- Craft durable, well-tested code with an unwavering commitment to product quality
- Invent thoughtful mobile tech and open source it
- Re-architect legacy code and prep it to scale for the future of the product and the team
- Partner with other mobile and backend engineers on delivering remarkable solutions
- Have a meaningful impact on the future of the Cash product
- Proficiency creating readable, well-crafted, and maintainable code
- Experience measuring the impact of engineering work and how it translates to the business
- The ability to incorporate customer feedback into product solutions (engineering makes substantive contributions to product definition)
- A commitment to continuous improvement of yourself, your teammates, your software
- Strong interest in Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies, including their intersection with consumer finance. (*Knowledge of blockchain technology is not essential, but highly desirable)
Technologies we use and teach:
- Swift, Objective-C
- Kotlin, including multiplatform (believe it! — we use it both Android and iOS)
- Unit tests, snapshot tests, integration tests
- UIKit, CoreAnimation, Combine, Swift UI, Compose, Coroutines, RxJava, SQLDelight, Retrofit, OkHttp, Wire, Moshi, Okio, Whorlwind, Picasso, KotlinPoet
- Protocol buffers
Cash App treats all employees and job applicants equally. Every decision is based on merit, qualifications, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with each office’s corresponding state and city guidelines.
Perks At Square: We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes: Healthcare coverage, Retirement Plans, Employee Stock Purchase Program, Meal reimbursements, Wellness perks, Paid parental leave, Flexible time off, Learning and Development resources.