Senior Product Designer, Square Appointments
- New York, NY
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: Denver, United States
**For consideration, please submit a link to your portfolio and any relevant passwords.**
As a Product Designer at Square, you will drive design execution for Square Appointments and help paint the future of the service industry. The Appointments team is focused on creating purpose-built tools for businesses that sell their time (think: hair stylists at salons, trainers at gyms, lawyers, contractors, etc.). On this team, we're building brand new products on top of Square's revolutionary payments platform to make the lives of these professionals easier and more productive, and the experience for their customers more modern and seamless. Our small and collaborative team has already built many foundational features and are now focused on innovating and experimenting beyond traditional product lines. We're hiring another Product Designer to design new experiences that empower these merchants to more effectively run their businesses and continue to extend beyond the capabilities of our competitors.
This is a high impact role and we're looking for someone that is motivated by complex problems. You'll be responsible for decisions that directly influence the product and roadmap. On this team your work will span from core features to experimental projects. We believe in generalists that have a hand in each stage of product development, so Product Designers at Square take projects from napkin sketches to final visual specifications. This will be a cross-functional role where you will work with other designers, product managers, analysts, and engineers.
This is a remote friendly position.
- 6+ years of professional design experience
- A portfolio of multiple shipped projects on which you were the primary designer
- The ability to articulate high-level team goals and connect your work to larger team or company initiative
- Experience working across native platforms and web
- You plan, scope, and create work that contributes to a larger, long-term plan
- You know when to compromise without sacrificing user experience or design principles
- You are an advocate for the customer
- You take pride in the quality of your work and create professional, well-thought-out designs using established design systems
- You work on challenging, wide-reaching projects for your team
- You know when to go deep on a problem and create a comprehensive vision.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.