Engineering Manager - Ops Platform, Cash App
- New York, NY, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: New York, United States
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs with your Square email.
Cash App is the fastest growing financial brand in the world. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app with over 36 million monthly active users. We are bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, and save to anyone who has ever sought an alternative to the traditional banking system.
Loved by customers and pop culture, we’ve consistently held the top spot for finance in the App Store for many years, seeing more engagement with millions of followers across social media in a day than most brands see in a year. We are building an ecosystem to redefine the world’s relationship with money by making it universally accessible.
We want to hire the best talent regardless of location. Our employment model is distributed, offering the opportunity to collaborate with teams across the world in San Francisco, New York, St. Louis, Portland, Toronto, Kitchener-Waterloo, Sydney, and Melbourne.
Cash App’s Operations Engineering team is looking for an Engineering Manager to join us in building our organization to better serve our internal customers. Operations Engineering (Ops Eng) is responsible for bridging the gap between our product (Cash App) and the business. Today, we primarily focus on our support teams to get them the information they need as quickly and effectively as possible. This is not a DevOps role or internal (dev) tools team.
In this role, you will help build a new team and be directly responsible for managing its day-to-day operations. You will also help prioritize and subscribe to the work their team can take on. You will report directly to the Ops Eng Lead and participate in the Ops Eng leadership team.
This is an incredible opportunity to interface with all of Cash’s product development teams along with the business that keeps everything running. Our team has had significant growth in the last year and you can have a direct impact on its continued success.
As a member of the Cash engineering team, you’ll collaborate with us to:
- Share ownership of the business’s tooling and infrastructure
- Build APIs used by apps and microservices
- Scale systems to our growing customer base
- Operate and manage Cash services
- Design data models to support application features
- Unit test all the things
- Contribute to the broader tech and open source communities
- Strong desire to perform and grow as an Engineering Manager
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated initiative on previous projects
- Have 2+ years of previous experience managing teams and leading people
- Have a strong bias toward serving your team and stakeholders
Technologies we use and teach:
- Java 11/Kotlin, including JUnit, Hibernate, Guice, and Jersey
- HTTP, JSON, gRPC, and Protocol Buffers
- MySQL, Vitess, event sourcing
Cash App treats all employees and job applicants equally. Every decision is based on merit, qualifications, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with each office’s corresponding local guidelines and applicable regulations.