Sr. Manager, Tax Information Reporting
- Boston, MA
Square is looking for a Tax Information Reporting Manager to join our tax function. To support our growth in tax information reporting compliance, we are looking for a resourceful individual who is adept and dedicated to Square's overall compliance with accurate, reconciled data, and to improving our processes in completing our tax information reporting obligations for our multiple products. You are proficient in the U.S. tax information reporting rules – particularly those under IRC Sections 6050W, 6041, 6050P, 1441 and 3406. Knowledge of FATCA and international tax information reporting rules are also a plus. This function collaborates with different teams across the company, including many product teams, support, accounting, legal and compliance. You are energized by ensuring tax compliance needs are met and resolving tax reporting problems for our customers. This position is located in San Francisco, CA.
- Help report compliance data gathering, file preparations and uploads to ensure timely distribution of forms, including but not limited to Forms 1099-B, 1099-C, 1099-K, 1099-MISC, 1099-NEC, 1099-OID and 1042-S.
- Assist and ensure timely annual information reporting compliance filings, including but not limited to Forms 945, 1042 and 8966.
- Help with Australia's annual BTTPS reporting to the ATO and ensure timely compliance.
- Help with detailed reviews of reporting data to identify and correct for obvious errors.
- Ensure distribution of mailed tax forms are postmarked in a timely fashion.
- Help develop outstanding SOPs for intake of new data streams, new filers, new reporting regimes, and new compliance procedures.
- Oversee and track the processes for compliance events (B Notice, C Notice, 972CG) – create and issue compliance letters, track responses received, review and compile inventory tracking status for action upon deadline and post deadline.
- Respond to support inquiries from customers as they relate to tax information reporting and guide teams to resolution.
- Work with Customer Engagement, Account Management, Sales, Communications, and Support teams on regular customer communications and drive campaigns with customers to update accurate tax information.
- Spot trends of tax reporting issues and propose solutions to solve for related pain points amongst our customers.
- Advocate for customers by identifying trends in issues and suggesting improvements to processes, policies, and products.
- Help ensure and maintain customer data in OneSource.
- Help with ad hoc requests and projects as necessary.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.