Software Engineer, Payment Platform - Cash App
- Washington, DC, USA
- Employees can work remotely
We are open to hiring in multiple locations within the US & Canada.
Cash App is the fastest growing financial brand in the world. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app with over 30 million monthly active users. We are bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, and save to anyone who has ever sought an alternative to the traditional banking system.
Loved by customers and pop culture, we’ve consistently held the top spot for finance in the App Store for many years, seeing more engagement with millions of followers across social media in a day than most brands see in a year. We are building an ecosystem to redefine the world’s relationship with money by making it universally accessible.
We want to hire the best talent regardless of location. Our employment model is distributed, offering the opportunity to collaborate with teams across the world in San Francisco, New York, St. Louis, Portland, Toronto, Kitchener-Waterloo, Sydney, and Melbourne.
The Payment Platform team builds and maintains the software and services at the heart of Cash App - we own the platform that makes everything else possible. On this team, you’ll build software that helps us move money quickly and securely. You’ll work with product managers and other teams to design, implement and tweak features that make our platform the best. If you like high-impact backend work, writing microservices and solving problems with strict latency constraints that everyone relies on, this is the team for you.
We are hiring at all levels for this position.
- Lead complex, multi-person projects that cross Engineering team boundaries
- Own services at the bottom of the stack
- Mentor other Engineers on the team and make recommendations to improve the team and broader practices
- Take a developer-centric approach in building APIs used by apps and microservices
- Develop native Cash App payment features, scale systems to our growing customer base and test everything extensively
- Work with our team to help recruit candidates, organize external recruiting/networking activities, present externally and more
- Work with a team in the east coast time zone, so candidates in east coast/central time zones are preferred
- Enthusiasm for multiple technical areas
- A preference to work on large backend services driving hugely popular software
- Curiosity that pushes you to find flaws in an intricate system and take whatever steps are necessary to fix them
- Taken technical initiative on previous projects
- Made contributions to the architecture and design of complex systems
- The ability to persevere in a wide range of challenging situations - pressure or cross-functionality - and across multiple axes - like scale and uncertainty
Tools we use and teach:
- Java 11 including JUnit, Hibernate, and Guice
- JSON, gRPC, and Protocol Buffers
- Amazon Web Services
- Event-driven microservice architecture
Cash App treats all employees and job applicants equally. Every decision is based on merit, qualifications, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with each office’s corresponding local guidelines.
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.