Head of EU Seller Communications
- Dublin, Ireland
Square's Seller Communications team shares with the world how Square empowers entrepreneurs, business owners, and corporations with powerful and elegant tools to help them start, run, grow, and adapt their businesses. As part of Square's growing investment in global markets, we're looking for a Communications Lead to run communications in the EU for our Seller business. A core part of our global Seller Communications team, you will report to the Global Head of Seller Communications based in California. This position is based in our Dublin, Ireland office.
As Seller Communications Lead, you will oversee communications strategies as Square brings its ecosystem of products and services -- including payments technology, hardware, point of sale software, small business loans, eCommerce tools, and more -- to businesses across Europe.
- Manage communications strategies to build Square brand awareness across Europe.
- Build communications initiatives that build awareness of our products, showcase our customers, and highlight our technology.
- Lead communications for new hardware, software, commerce, and banking product launches in Europe..
- Develop reporter relationships across international, local, business, tech, and vertical publications.
- Handle media briefings, spokespeople training, and prepare European Square sellers for media opportunities.
- Create written materials, including press releases, data reports, briefing documents, communications plans and FAQs, blog posts, and other collateral.
- Manage relationships with internal stakeholders, including Product teams, Corporate Communications, Marketing, Public Policy, Content & Digital, and Legal.
- Advocate for Square and develop narratives to resonate with diverse audiences.
- Be the on-the-record spokesperson and collaborate on rapid response issues.
- Relevant leadership experience at either a PR agency, media organisation, or an in-house communications team.
- Led communications initiatives or managed PR agencies across several European countries.
- Experience leading a team and managing a variety of communications scenarios, especially product launches, campaigns, and new market launches.
- Experience building a global communications strategy that uses company announcements, key spokespeople, and storytelling to create coverage and advance company narratives.
- Media relations skills and examples of creating coverage and managing reactive issues with key national and international publications.
- Affinity for building partnerships with key company partners, including senior leadership.
- Business level fluency in (an) additional European language(s)
- An appreciation of the Oxford comma.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources