Android Engineer, Point of Sale
- San Francisco, CA
Square helps sellers of all sizes grow their business through Square Point of Sale and our growing ecosystem of add-ons. Come join one of the many teams within Seller at Square. Each team included below has unique and interesting opportunities – there’s almost certainly something for you!
As an Android engineer, you will have complete ownership over the surface areas in the POS applications to make these experiences magical -- for sellers, cashiers and buyers alike. You will work with BE, FE and fellow client engineers to develop new features and improve on existing experiences, and in the process, contribute to one of our most recognized products in the world. You'd also get to work with our flagship hardware products -- Square Register and Square Terminal, as our product experiences are tailored to work even better than on an iPad through these hardware integrations.
You'll need to:
- Be proficient in Java or Kotlin for development (we use both).
- Enjoy working on mobile apps at all levels – from networking up to user interfaces and whatever's in between.
- Build high availability and resilient systems which can accept and report payments no matter the network or device conditions.
- Work with iOS, Android, and Server engineers to ship features.
- Work with product managers and designers to refine and decide product scope.
- Respond to customer feedback to improve our products.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources