Software Engineer, Business Technology Engineering
- Remote, NY, United States
As a Senior Software Engineer within the Business Systems Engineering team, your goal will be to develop new solutions to solve problems for our teams.
- Work on internal facing applications that fulfill niche functional requirements for the Finance team.
- Take ownership over the technical direction of our team's web applications and work on all parts of the stack
- Work with other teams to understand user needs and contribute in delivering solutions to solve complex business problems.
- Split your time between working on the frontend and backend APIs and services and help shape their direction.
- Create and maintain technical systems documentation and write concise, well-organized code and sensible tests
- 3+ years of software engineering experience developing scalable production software incorporating testing, evaluation, and monitoring..
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience working with MySQL and Snowflake.
- Experience in UI frameworks like React, Ember, Angular etc.
- Experience building and deploying applications in an Amazon Web Services (AWS) ecosystem.
Technologies We Use:
- Ruby, Rails
- Snowflake, MySQL, BigQuery
- AWS, GCP
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.