Production Designer, Square Creative
- Toronto, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
As a production designer, you apply your creativity, your eye, and your technical skills to the challenge of implementing design across a variety of Square’s digital marketing channels. We work to build and name files that communicate to the next person down the line. We file our work as we go. You’ll collaborate with teammates across disciplines to clarify requirements, goals, expectations, and timelines. You’ll design new work within Square’s visual language.
- Prepare and deliver image assets for web, email, paid marketing, blog, social, and other digital communication channels.
- Adapt imagery across responsive breakpoints and international locales.
- Build pages and enter content within a website content management system (Contentful)
- Occasionally create new imagery and assets, within Square’s existing design language.
- Work within and advocate for the production constraints of each channel. Identify new constraints we hadn’t understood before.
- Juggle a mix of large and small projects, often with overlapping priority and urgency.
- Build and maintain working files inside a collaborative file structure.
- Adopt new tools and practices as the work evolves.
- Share (and document) your knowledge and perspective with your peers.
- Manage work tasks using Workfront, Slack, Google Docs.
- Ship quickly. Find new efficiencies. Keep an eye on the small stuff. Make it work.
- Experience building, editing and optimizing pixel and vector graphics (Photoshop, Sketch, Figma, Illustrator).
- 3+ years work experience in a creative role/environment.
- An eagerness to try (and adopt) new applications and working methods.
- A dedication to delivering great work.
- Experience building assets for multiple languages/locales.
- Animation experience (AfterEffects, Lottie, Adobe Animate, Flash).
- Print production experience (e.g. InDesign).
- Design skills and experience.
- Markdown, HTML, CSS.
- Experience in project management, traffic, or asset management.
Technologies we use and teach:
- Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator)
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.