Art Director - Product Creative, Cash App
- New York, NY
- Employees can work remotely
Loved by customers and pop culture, we’ve consistently held the top spot for finance in the App Store for many years, seeing more engagement with millions of followers across social media in a day than most brands see in a year. We are building an ecosystem to redefine the world’s relationship with money by making it universally accessible.
We want to hire the best talent regardless of location. Our employment model is distributed, offering the opportunity to collaborate with teams across the world in San Francisco, New York, St. Louis, Portland, Toronto, Kitchener-Waterloo, Sydney, and Melbourne.
Interested in learning more?
The Cash App Creative team works at the intersection of brand and product to shape and choreograph an exceptional customer experience. The Art Director, Product Creative will lead business critical campaigns and narratives from concept to execution, focused primarily on translating our brand into messaging and art in our product. Working with multidisciplinary teams, the Art Director will be responsible for guiding multiple campaigns and features to launch, in close coordination with Business, Marketing and Brand teams.
- Drive and own creative direction for product marketing campaigns
- Build a team of talented creatives and foster an inclusive design community
- Coordinate creative process and strategy for Feature campaigns and messages
- Work independently and collaboratively on projects and tasks to support Marketing and Growth campaigns
- Apply conceptual thinking and creativity to help solve complex business problems
- Translate brand strategy into powerful and purposeful creative concepts that build customer trust and joy across mediums
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners to develop concepts, designs and art direction
- Elevate brand aesthetics while supporting overall brand direction
- Work with partners across Cash App to guarantee an integrated brand experience
- Set and meet deadlines, work in close collaboration with partners
- 10+ years of experience as a creative or art director
- 4+ years of management experience
- Strong sense of both product and brand realms
- Illustration and graphic skills
- Experience translating established brands into new expressions and spaces
- Experience with advertising and the product development process
- Clear point of view on creative and an openness to new ideas
- Ability to lead and oversee multiple, simultaneous integrated marketing campaigns
- Understanding of how to leverage creativity to meet business goals
- Deep understanding of performance marketing strategies
- Passion for recruiting, motivating, and managing a team of experienced creatives
- Composure in the face of ambiguity and an ability to effectively work with multiple leadership styles
- An action bias and intense desire to solve problems
- Unmatched attention to detail and due diligence
- A bias towards transparency and communication
- A generous dose of humility
- Extreme empathy for the customer, your teammates, and the company mission
For consideration, please submit a portfolio of work with your application and provide the password, if necessary to view your work.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with each office’s corresponding local guidelines.