Senior Software Engineer (Frontend), Square Capital
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: New York, United States
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
Square’s rapidly growing financing platform, Square Capital, has revolutionized the way businesses and consumers obtain the funding needed to achieve their goals.
Unlike traditional business financing products, Square Capital offers are extended to pre-qualified sellers with no application process, funds are deposited as soon as the next business day, and repayment happens as a fixed percentage of daily card sales. Since the product launched in 2014, Square Capital has extended more than $9 billion to hundreds of thousands of sellers.
As a frontend software engineer on the Servicing Experience Team within Square Capital, you will develop the services and interfaces that power our products and borrower experiences. You will work primarily on frontend interfaces (Ember.js and some React). If you love delivering high-quality software that improves the lives of millions of consumers and business owners, we want to work with you!
- Work with engineering, product, and other partners to build software is clean, concise, well-tested, and forward-thinking
- Use your passion for building great software to develop meaningful and delightful software experiences that help our sellers achieve more with Square Capital
- Oversee the entirety of your features, including component design, implementation, automated testing, and roll-out
- Hold yourself, and your teammates accountable to the standards of engineering that enables Square to safely move billions of dollars in payments and allow our customers to trust us with their sensitive data
- Work with designers, product managers, data scientists, and other developers to understand our problem space and create elegant solutions
- Participate in ongoing training to maintain current knowledge of BSA/AML and perform BSA/AML duties as required by job function
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- Interest in modeling complex domains and building resilient systems to support real world applications at scale
- Strong software development skills and computer science fundamentals
- Interest in working with other engineering teams and cross functional partners
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible time off
- Learning and Development resources