Software Engineering Manager, Identity and Access Management
- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
We are looking for a Security Software Engineering Manager to join the Identity and Access management team. Our mission is to provide a platform for auditable access control that supports engineers and services wherever they may be - in the cloud, in our data centers, or in a hybrid model across the two, using the zero trust security model. In this leadership role, you will be responsible for developing the individuals on the team and the roadmap for Square’s access platform.
- Guide long-term thinking and innovation in the identity and access management space
- Partner with teams across security, platform engineering, IT, and Data Security Governance to develop the strategy and plan the roadmap for the team.
- Build a world-class team by hiring exceptional talent, coaching and developing engineers, cultivating pragmatic engineering decision-making, and leveraging your technical expertise to constantly raise the bar
- Foster ownership, inclusiveness, accountability, pragmatism, and urgency in the team
- Design, develop, and own zero trust authentication and authorization platforms for Square's evolving corporate and production landscapes.
- Contribute to the monitoring and stability of our team’s existing engineering solutions
- Work in any Square office location, or work remotely in the USA or Canada. Occasional travel may be required.
We value Engineering Managers who:
- Lead with a people-first approach, can lead a conversation rather than dictate it, and are empathetic to conflicting viewpoints.
- Have experience leading teams of engineers, in both a technical and people management capacity
- Are able to build strong relationships with counterparts including other engineering managers, product managers, and security partners
- Excel at building world class engineering teams that are highly-functional, collaborative and inclusive.
- Have experience with the zero trust security model
Technologies we use and teach:
- Linux/ Unix Security
- Ruby, Rails, and RSpec
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources