Lending Operations Manager, Cash App
- Salt Lake City, UT, USA
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs with your Square email.
Loved by customers and pop culture, we’ve consistently held the top spot for finance in the App Store for many years, seeing more engagement with millions of followers across social media in a day than most brands see in a year. We are building an ecosystem to redefine the world’s relationship with money by making it universally accessible.
We want to hire the best talent regardless of location. Our employment model is distributed, offering the opportunity to collaborate with teams across the world in San Francisco, New York, St. Louis, Portland, Toronto, Kitchener-Waterloo, Sydney, and Melbourne.
Interested in learning more?
We are looking for an experienced Lending Operations Manager to create, drive and manage operational processes in support of our new Lending vertical. You will report to the Lending Operations Lead and play an important hands-on leadership role in establishing workstreams from the ground up, as well as manage teams and vendors for this growing part of our business. You need to be flexible and have the capabilities and desire to build from the ground up, as we are growing and changing rapidly to build lending products for our users.
- Manage some licensed lending activities performed by the subsidiary and employees.
- Develop, implement and manage recovery strategies
- Help research, vet, implement and manage vendor relationships to best support the Lending vertical
- Be a thought leader with Product and Underwriting to feed recovery learnings back through the team to continuously improve profitability and reduce customer churn
- Build and manage a variety of operational processes from scratch to support consumer lending
- Ensure the effectiveness of existing processes, and implement new policies to allow greater efficiency in the performance of the groups functions.
- Engage and use your team to influence and recommend changes to evolving recovery processes
- Drive program development of QA and Training processes for Lending Operations, and create processes to support rapid product changes
- Partner and drive internal resources to ensure internal recovery strategy is implemented
- Partner with Compliance and Product Counsel to ensure all processes are developed in accordance with state and federal laws and guidelines
- Measure performance against industry standards and improve processes and personnel
- Five + years of management experience in consumer loan operations with a Financial Institution or Fintech
- Strong project management skills from idea creation to implementation
- Experience managing customer support, servicing, recoveries, quality, disputes, complaints for installment loans or credit cards
- Knowledge of compliance and risk management for consumer lending environments
- Strong passion for customer experience
- Experience in setting up and managing large-scale vendors for customer support and recovery operations
- Strong communication skills, self-motivation and data/outcome oriented approach
- Demonstrated customer service, organizational and analytical skills
- Good moral character
- Experience in regulated industries
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with each office’s corresponding local guidelines.