Hardware Product Marketing, Intern (Summer)
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs with your Square email.
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
The role of the UK Hardware Product Marketing Intern is to implement go-to-market strategy based on a comprehensive understanding of the customer; to ensure that cross-functional partners (Product, Marketing, Communications, Creative, Packaging, and customer-facing teams) share that understanding; to improve the conversion funnel for in-market products; and to ensure that product/our decisions incorporate our customer insights.
Your role will include some combination of the following activities focused on the UK market.
- Inform product roadmap and product marketing plans for our hardware portfolio in the UK, including a review of Square Register, our most recently launched product
- Identify target customers, understand their needs through surveys, interviews, and other research, and ensure that products will meet those needs at the right price
- Develop quarterly marketing plans for sustained product growth, partnering with local marketing team and customer-facing teams to maximise Return on investment and ensure that marketing is on-message
- Implement pricing and marketing tests to inform future strategy.
- Review UK competitive offerings and guide ongoing differentiation
- Help customer-facing teams to serve customers through development of product marketing and training materials
- Pursuing Masters in Business Administration or other relevant graduate programme or about to complete a Master's programme degrees or equivalent.
- 4+ years of professional experience
- 3+ years working in a related field (e.g. management consulting, product marketing/management, strategy)
- Strong quantitative analytical ability and familiarity with marketing analytics
- Communicate large-scale concepts clearly and simply
- Comfort leading projects in a dynamic environment
- Even better: previous background in B2B or B2C marketing
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.