Product Manager, Payment APIs
- Atlanta, GA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: Austin, United States
We believe everyone should be able to participate and thrive in the economy. So we’re building tools that make commerce easier and more accessible to all. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven’t stopped there. Our new reader helps our sellers accept chip cards and NFC payments, and our Cash app lets people pay each other back instantly. We’re empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. Let’s shorten the distance between having an idea and making a living from it. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
The Payments Platform is an open, global financial services platform for developers who serve sellers. It provides the necessary components to manage identity, process payments across multiple channels, hold and transfer funds, and provide accounting, reconciliation, and reporting in a secure and compliant way.
We are looking for a product manager for our Payment Platform products — a cornerstone of the Square platform and the products built on top of it. Last year, our platform processed more than $100Bn in payments volume across all Square products. Our job is to do this reliably and efficiently so product teams can focus on building remarkable experiences. We do this by providing a general purpose platform of composable building blocks, allowing Square and 3rd-party developers to innovate on behalf of our sellers.
As a Payments Platform product manager, you will lead the direction of your product by setting vision/strategy and partnering with the engineering manager of your sprint team to drive execution. In this role you will champion the voice of our sellers and developers to deliver a reliable, scalable, and secure platform that makes Square go faster.
- Run your product like a business: manage the entire product life cycle from ideation, to planning and execution
- Deeply understand your customer’s needs and their jobs to be done. Synthesize those needs to shape the product roadmap, and define and improve key metrics
- Ensure your cross-functional team has a strong understanding and empathy with their customers
- Hypothesize, measure and learn. Continuously test and leverage insights to inform decisions
- Collaborate with engineers, product marketers, analysts, designers, and writers to build the product experience
- Communicate progress on initiatives to stakeholders, partners and internal teams
- Represent the team with cross-functional partners and senior company leaders
- 5+ years of product management experience or equivalent
- Deep understanding and empathy for our sellers and the developers who serve them
- Passion for our purpose of economic employment and innovation on behalf of our sellers and developers
- Demonstrated success launching and scaling platform products with public APIs, SDKs, or toolkits and maintaining them across multiple versions
- Desire to lead, the ability to drive product strategy and work well with senior engineers and designers
- Great interpersonal and communication skills that shine when you’re talking with a customer or engaging a cross-functional audience
- Natural curiosity, obsession with the details, desire to build the right thing
- System thinking mindset, technical background and passion for new technology and great developer experiences
- An analytical and metrics driven work style that leverages data to make informed decisions
- Strong track record of execution
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources