Senior Engineering Manager, Bitcoin Network
- Melbourne VIC, Australia
- Employees can work remotely
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs with your Square email.
Cash App is the fastest growing financial brand in the world. Built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic money app with over 15 million active monthly users. Loved by customers and by pop culture, we’ve held the #1 spot in finance on the App Store for almost two years, and our social media posts see more engagement in a day than most financial brands see in a year. With major offices in San Francisco, New York, St. Louis, Portland, Kitchener-Waterloo, and Melbourne, Cash App is bringing a better way to send, spend, and save to anyone who has ever sought an alternative to today’s banking system.
Do you love building both software and teams? Do you care about engineering culture? Cash App is looking for a People Leader, to help lead & grow our Bitcoin Network team.
The Bitcoin Network team is responsible for building, maintaining and expanding internationally our nascent off-chain bitcoin P2P product, our on-chain bitcoin deposit and withdrawal features of Cash App and has the freedom to make ecosystem improvements as it sees fit (sats mode being a recent example).
As our team has grown, we are looking for an Engineering Manager to work alongside our Technical Lead.
If this role resonates with you, we’d love to hear from you!
- Partner closely with product managers, designers, engineers, and business leads to define your team’s vision and roadmap by thoroughly understanding your customers’ needs.
- Build products, systems, and services that have an immediate impact on our customers
- Build a world-class team by hiring exceptional talent, coaching and developing engineers, cultivating pragmatic engineering decision-making, and leveraging your technical expertise to constantly raise the bar.
- Lead and participate in critical technical, design, product and partnership discussions with leaders across the organization and company.
- Foster ownership, inclusiveness, accountability, pragmatism, and urgency in the team.
We value Engineering Managers who:
- Lead with a people-first approach, can lead a conversation rather than dictate it, and are empathetic to conflicting viewpoints.
- Have 10+ years experience working with product engineering teams & 5+ years experience in leading teams of engineers, in ideally remote and distributed teams.
- Are able to build strong relationships with counterparts, both internally and externally, including compliance, legal, operations and customer support.
- Excel at building world class engineering teams that are highly-functional, collaborative and inclusive.
- Knowledge of blockchain technology is not essential, but highly desirable.
- Have boundless curiosity and interest in Bitcoin, its philosophy and its intersection with consumer finance.
Technologies we use and teach:
- Java, Kotlin
- Docker, Kubernetes
- Jaeger, Prometheus, SignalFx
- Hibernate, Guice, Arrow
Cash App treats all employees and job applicants equally. Every decision is based on merit, qualifications, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with each office’s corresponding state and city guidelines. Perks At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes: Healthcare coverage, Retirement Plans, Employee Stock Purchase Program, Meal reimbursements, Wellness perks, Paid parental leave, Flexible time off, Learning and Development resources