Bitcoin Policy Lead- Cash App
- Washington, DC
- Alternate Location: San Francisco, United States
Cash App is the fastest growing financial brand in the world. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app with over 30 million monthly active users. We are bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, and save to anyone who has ever sought an alternative to the traditional banking system.
We are building an ecosystem to redefine the world’s relationship with money by making it universally accessible.
We want to hire the best talent regardless of location. Our employment model is distributed, offering the opportunity to collaborate with teams across the world in San Francisco, New York, St. Louis, Portland, Toronto, Kitchener-Waterloo, Sydney, and Melbourne.
We are looking for a senior policy and government relations expert on bitcoin to join the Policy team to support Cash App, the fastest growing financial app in the world. You will be an expert on bitcoin policy and regulatory issues, with an ability to speak to both technical and policy audiences. You have experience managing complex policy matters, have worked to drive outcomes, and advocate on behalf of issues at the intersection of financial services and technology. You will report to the Head of Americas Policy, and will collaborate with senior Cash App product leads and colleagues on the Policy, Legal, and Compliance teams.
- Be Cash App's Bitcoin Policy Lead. You will engage with product leadership, policy colleagues, regulatory and product counsel, and compliance teams to develop and implement strategic policy plans
- Advocate for Cash App and our customers on essential policy and political matters, and craft positions for us that will further establish us as an expert and innovator
- Develop thoughtful strategies for both proactive and reactive engagement on important Administration actions, including on ongoing rulemakings
- Implement processes to develop impactful responses to incoming policy challenges and opportunities
- Assist with coalition building through relationships with industry policy partners, advocacy groups, academics, etc.
- 10+ years of experience in U.S. policy work, with a strong preference for government experience in the financial services and technology sectors
- Passion for our mission of economic empowerment, and our belief in bitcoin's role in fulfilling this mission
- Experience with the technical and policy issues around bitcoin, experience in cryptocurrency policy, and policy/advocacy/industry relationships in this space
- A demonstrated track record of successfully navigating complex policy issues
- Experience developing policy proposals, regulatory comment,and cross functional strategies to drive outcomes
- An ability to effectively explain complicated issues and policy positions to any audience
- Impeccable ethics and high integrity
- Strong writing skills and an appreciation for the Oxford comma
At Cash App, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources